Thursday 1 November 2007

let it snow,let it snow ,let it snow

Take from Chris idea with the streetlight in the snow, I thought it would be great to have some particles as snow falling down to give the impression of it snowing. The snow texture that is on the ground is “spot on” and works really well in the scene.

I ran into some trouble when sorting out the render setting, because the particles only show up when you "Hardware" render them, the lights and some of the texture will not show up when rendering his way. My plan was to render the scene in "hardware" then render the lights and textures in "Software" so the I could composite it together so it would have the snow and lighting





There are still things that I need to fix with the snow, like reducing the particle size smaller and having it bounce less.